Job Summary:As a Sales Administrator, you will be the link between our sales staff, where you will utilize your organizational skills, planning abilities, and subject matter expertise to help make our sales team members more effective in their roles.
We are seeking an organizational superstar who is highly proactive, confident, efficient, and driven by accuracy. This is an opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment in a critical role supporting our sales team. A natural sense of urgency is required along with handling a variety of tasks independently often with little supervision. Process-focused, organized and can follow up to accomplish a multitude of functions. Occasional travel required: trade shows, customer meetings, training.
- Proactively pull administrative work from the sales leadership so they focus outward on business development.
- Manage all wholesale customer administrative duties, including contract review, proposal creation, new customer onboarding/set-up, and EDI interface.
- Key account management.
- Onboarding new representatives and brokers.
- Liaise between sales and operations.
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss new business opportunities and current needs while maintaining positive relationships.
- Accurately maintain a CRM system and follow up with customers to continue and track relationships.
- Create and submit sales reports to leadership in a timely manner.
- Be knowledgeable and able to answer all brand questions about Murphy’s Naturals products.
- Develop sales metric data.
The ideal candidate has:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience working in sales support, customer service, or administrative roles.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with a wide variety of people each day, build relationships, and network.
- An intuitive ability to calmly and quickly problem-solve and with customer service skills to listen to customers' concerns and address their needs.
- Initiative - pulls work from the supervisor, rather than waiting for work to be pushed to them.
- The ability to work independently and take the initiative in a “start-up” environment, needing little guidance once the job or task is defined.
- Experience managing customers, creating strong relationships, and managing expectations.
- A solid sense of strategies that will support CRM.
- CRM experience and strong analytical skills.
- A true “team player” and continuous improvement mindset.
- A positive, “get it done” attitude.
Full-Time (40 hrs./week), Monday through Friday, occasional weekend support
Dock 1053, 1053 E. Whitaker Mill Rd., #115, Raleigh, NC 27604
- Please email your resume to email@example.com
- Your email subject line should be formatted as: Sales Administrator – First Name, Last Name
Cover letters are too formal for our taste. In the body of your email, just tell us about yourself – what you are passionate about, what you studied in school, your current job, why you are interested in this job, or anything else you think we should know.
No phone calls, please.
Murphy’s Naturals, Inc. and its affiliated companies are committed to the hiring, employment, training, and promotion of employees without regard to sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, race, color, age, disability, religion, veteran status, national origin or other protected status in compliance with Federal and State equal employment laws. Persons employed or considered for employment may be required to verify the information provided on this application.
The Company complies with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. Therefore, if employed you must provide documentation that establishes your authorization to work in the United States.
We appreciate your interest in Murphy’s Naturals, Inc.