REGULATORY AFFAIRS SPECIALIST
Murphy’s Naturals is a fast-growing, innovative outdoor products and lifestyle brand based in Raleigh, NC. We create products from responsibly sourced, plant-based ingredients, consistent with our mission to celebrate nature and inspire good through quality natural products. Our products are sold nationally at retail locations as well as online. The company is a Certified B Corporation and 1% For The Planet
Member. We embrace the philosophy that companies have the power and obligation to help solve the social and environmental problems we face as a global community. We make a commitment to contribute 2% of gross revenues to goodwill organizations that share our vision of a healthy environment while supporting the health of our local and global communities.
The Regulatory Affairs Specialist at Murphy’s Naturals will be responsible for all regulatory activities in accordance with state, local, and federal laws to maintain compliance. In addition, you will be the subject matter expert and will be instrumental in our company’s growth across the US and global markets. You will be responsible for all product registrations and renewals as required by government agencies. You will also work with cross-functional teams including innovation, sales & marketing, and operations, as it relates to regulatory compliance. In this role, you will provide regulatory input on design and development and ensure availability of documentation to support submission activities to meet the company’s objectives and timelines.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Annual pesticide production reporting to the US EPA
- Quarterly pesticide sales reporting to necessary states
- Assess the acceptability of documentation for state regulatory submissions and effectively communicate regulatory guidance
- Prepare robust regulatory applications/submissions to regulatory authorities, including state governments as well as federal authorities such as the EPA, FDA, and FTC.
- Complete all mid-year and annual renewals of minimum risk pesticide products
- Work cross-functionally with the Innovation, Sales, Marketing, and Operations teams to evaluate proposed design, labeling, and distribution changes for regulatory impact and implement any required regulatory action. Review product labeling to ensure compliance with relevant regulatory requirements
- Work with the Director of Innovation to establish regulatory feasibility of products within the new product development pipeline
- Assist in ensuring OSHA compliance in all workspaces
- Ensure compliance with product post-marketing and legal requirements
- Support internal sales team as needed with product onboarding as it relates to regulatory compliance
- Documentation of label changes and when new and updated labels enter the marketplace
- Review marketing copy, product claims and website content for accuracy, and compliance with regulatory labeling standards
- SDS preparation and maintenance
- Actively participate in continuing education and relevant working groups to maintain updated knowledge of changes within regulatory bodies. Remain up-to-date on all federal, state, and local regulatory requirements
- Maintain data and files for future reference, particularly in the event of an audit by a regulatory agency
- Act as liaison with departmental staff, contractors, vendors, local and other governmental agencies on aspects of hazardous materials and waste management to assist with inspections by county and state environmental regulatory agencies
- Management of proper disposal of waste materials including compost, recyclables, and hazardous materials to ensure compliance with company waste management standards
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree; preferably in a technical discipline such as biology, chemistry, etc.
- Minimum 3+ years of regulatory experience.
- Experience with a CPG company is preferred.
- Experience working with pesticides and/or repellent products is a huge plus!
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
- Strong documentation skills
- Experience with WERCS
- The kind of confidence that says they are open to taking risks, trying new things, and open to new ideas
- A team player mindset who is willing to jump in wherever and whenever (position may require occasional, brief work on weekends)
- The ability to work independently and take initiative in a fast-paced “start-up” environment
- The ability to take an idea to an executable, creative deliverable
- A knack for organization, time management, and prioritizing tasks
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and people development mindset
- The ability to take constructive criticism in this role since their final work will have high exposure (both internally and externally)
- A positive, “get it done” attitude.
Full-Time (40 hrs./week), Monday through Friday, occasional weekend support
Dock 1053, 1053 E. Whitaker Mill Rd., Suite 155, Raleigh, NC 27604
Please email your resume to email@example.com
Your email subject line should be formatted as: Regulatory Affairs Specialist – First Name, Last Name
Cover letters are too formal for our taste. In the body of your email, just tell us about yourself – what you are passionate about, what you studied in school, your current job, why you are interested in this job, or anything else you think we should know.
No phone calls, please.
Murphy’s Naturals is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.