PURCHASING AND PLANNING MANAGER
Murphy’s Naturals is a fast-growing, innovative outdoor products and lifestyle brand based in Raleigh, NC. We create products from responsibly sourced, plant-based ingredients, consistent with our mission to celebrate nature and inspire good through quality natural products. Our products are sold nationally at retail locations including Target, Costco, and Whole Foods Market, as well as online. The company is a Certified B Corporation and 1% For The Planet Member. We embrace the philosophy that companies have the power and obligation to help solve the social and environmental problems we face as a global community. We make a commitment to contribute 2% of revenue to goodwill organizations that share our vision of a healthy environment, while supporting the health of our local and global communities.
The Purchasing and Planning Manager is responsible for ensuring an effective sales and operations process, including demand and supply planning and aligning the procurement of all materials to the planning strategy. This position will help with the development of a strategic sourcing strategy with new and existing suppliers. The Purchasing and Planning Manager will report directly to the Vice President of
Operations and will work cross functionally with Sales, Marketing, Finance and Operations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages the overall sales and operations planning process, detailed production planning and procurement to ensure inventory and supply of key materials are available for Production demand.
- Manage inventory levels and procurement needs of over 500 materials in upwards of $2MM plus and growing.
- Lead and drive continuous improvement and lean principles into supply chain planning and purchasing to drive cost savings opportunities.
- Support the New Product Development team with sourcing sustainable raw and pack materials to support new product launch timelines.
- Partner with the Director of Innovation to develop a strategic plan for supplier assessments.
- Lead the annual physical inventory process to ensure compliance across the business.
- Interact frequently with Sales, Marketing and Operations to ensure promotions and customer demand inputs are updated for purchasing and production demand visibility.
- Implement key performance metrics to drive efficiency and predictability across all key areas of planning and purchasing (inventory/stock levels, capacity plan/actual plan, forecast accuracy, production plan adherence).
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or Business, preferred.
- Minimum work experience of 3 years in purchasing, production planning/scheduling or materials management.
- Experience working in a continuous improvement environment or start up type business preferred.
- Proven experience with Warehouse Management Systems and Enterprise Resource Planning systems (Fishbowl, QuickBooks).
- Preferred experience in a Consumer Product Goods or Food’s business, with a focus on sustainable material sourcing.
The ideal candidate has:
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels within the organization, from the manufacturing
floor to executive leadership team members.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Adaptability, curiosity, and scrappy mindset.
- Strong focus on building core competencies for expanded growth.
- A true “team player” with a continuous improvement mindset.
- The ability to work independently and take initiative in a fast paced “start-up” environment.
- A knack for organization, time management, and prioritizing tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and people development mindset.
- A positive, “get it done” attitude.
Full-Time (40 hrs./week), Monday through Friday
Dock 1053, 1053 E. Whitaker Mill Rd., Raleigh, NC 27604
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your email subject line should be formatted as: Purchasing and Planning Manager – First Name, Last Name
Cover letters are too formal for our taste. In the body of your email, just tell us about yourself – what you are passionate about, what you studied in school, your current job, why you are interested in this job, or anything else you think we should know.
No phone calls, please.
Murphy’s Naturals is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.