The Production Operator will ensure proper batching, operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of the manufacturing equipment with safety and quality as the highest priority. This position is a technically skilled position where the individual will need to use tools to disassemble/assemble, fix, adjust and maintain equipment in the Batching and Production areas.
Murphy’s Naturals is a fast-growing, innovative outdoor products and lifestyle brand based in Raleigh, NC. We create products from responsibly sourced, plant-based ingredients, consistent with our mission to celebrate nature and inspire good through quality natural products. Our products are sold nationally at retail locations as well as online. The company is a Certified B Corporation and 1% For The Planet Member. We embrace the philosophy that companies have the power and obligation to help solve the social and environmental problems we face as a global community. We make a commitment to contribute 2% of gross revenues to goodwill organizations that share our vision of a healthy environment while supporting the health of our local and global communities.
- Safely and with a high attention to quality, batch raw materials into finished bulk following specific Batch Manufacturing Procedures
- Safely ensure proper operation and maintenance of the packaging equipment
- Conduct assigned Quality checks and accurately complete all associated paperwork to ensure all products meet set quality standards.
- Maintain Good Manufacturing Processes and adhere to all safety regulations
- Perform line changeovers and set up equipment
- Follow guidelines for proper cleaning and sanitizing of equipment
- Troubleshoot and resolve product and equipment issues
- Alert the Production Supervisor or Operations Manager immediately if there are any safety or quality concerns
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized area
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read and write in English
The ideal candidate has:
- A true “team player” and continuous improvement mindset
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- The ability to work independently and take initiative in a “start-up” environment
- A knack for organization, time management, and prioritizing tasks
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- An intuitive ability to calmly and quickly problem-solve
- A positive, “get it done” attitude
- Strong attention to detail
The ideal candidate has:
Prolonged periods of standing
Must be able to lift 50 pounds at times
Perform maintenance tasks as assigned
Full-Time (40 hrs./week), Monday through Friday
Dock 1053, 1053 E. Whitaker Mill Rd., Raleigh, NC 27604
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your email subject line should be formatted as: Online Account Coordinator – First Name, Last Name
Cover letters are too formal for our taste. In the body of your email, just tell us about yourself – what you are passionate about, what you studied in school, your current job, why you are interested in this job, or anything else you think we should know.
No phone calls, please.
Murphy’s Naturals is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status