Job Summary:The Production Operator will ensure proper batching, operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of the manufacturing equipment with safety and quality as the highest priority. This position is a technically skilled position where the individual will need to use tools to disassemble/assemble, fix, adjust and maintain equipment in the Batching and Production areas.
- Safely and with a high attention to quality, batch raw materials into finished bulk following specific Batch Manufacturing Procedures
- Safely ensure proper operation and maintenance of the packaging equipment
- Conduct assigned quality checks and accurately complete all associated paperwork to ensure all products meet set quality standards
- Maintain good manufacturing processes and adhere to all safety regulations
- Perform line changeovers and set up equipment
- Follow guidelines for proper cleaning and sanitizing of equipment
- Troubleshoot and resolve product and equipment issues
- Alert the Production Supervisor or Operations Manager immediately if there are any safety or quality concerns
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized area
- Perform other duties as assigned
Training Responsibilities (10-20%):
- May train and instruct other production associates in the areas of safety, quality, batching, operation, and maintenance in the Production area.
The ideal candidate has:
- A true “team player” and continuous improvement mindset
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- The ability to work independently and take initiative in a “start-up” environment
- A knack for organization, time management, and prioritizing tasks
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- An intuitive ability to calmly and quickly problem-solve
- A positive, “get it done” attitude
- Strong attention to detail
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read and write in English
- Prolonged periods of standing
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at times
- Perform maintenance tasks as assigned
Full-Time (40 hrs./week), Monday through Friday
Dock 1053, 1053 E. Whitaker Mill Rd., Raleigh, NC 27604
Please email your resume to email@example.com
Your email subject line should be formatted as: Production Operator – First Name, Last Name
Cover letters are too formal for our taste. In the body of your email, just tell us about yourself – what you are passionate about, what you studied in school, your current job, why you are interested in this job, or anything else you think we should know.
No phone calls, please.
Murphy’s Naturals, Inc. and its affiliated companies are committed to the hiring, employment, training, and promotion of employees without regard to sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, race, color, age, disability, religion, veteran status, national origin or other protected status in compliance with Federal and State equal employment laws. Persons employed or considered for employment may be required to verify information provided on this application.
The Company complies with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. Therefore, if employed you must provide documentation that establishes your authorization to work in the United States.
We appreciate your interest in Murphy’s Naturals, Inc.