Murphy’s Naturals is a fast-growing, innovative outdoor products and lifestyle brand based in Raleigh, NC. We create products from responsibly sourced, plant-based ingredients, consistent with our mission to celebrate nature and inspire good through quality natural products. Our products are sold nationally at retail locations including Target, Costco, and Whole Foods Market, as well as online. The company is a Certified B Corporation and 1% For The Planet Member. We embrace the philosophy that companies have the power and obligation to help solve the social and environmental problems we face as a global community. We make a commitment to contribute 2% of revenue to goodwill organizations that share our vision of a healthy environment, while supporting the health of our local and global communities.
The Material Handler at Murphy’s Naturals handles, moves, and stores various materials throughout the warehouse. The Material Handler’s main responsibilities include: loading and unloading materials/stock using forklifts and other pieces of machinery, tracking and recording inventory items, and ensuring accuracy within all purchase orders and shipments.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures orderly production and distribution of products by pulling orders from inventory, delivering production materials and supplies where needed, and staging finished product for final distribution
- Contributes to the orderly operations of stock and/or materials storage area
- Maintains inventory by identifying, labeling, and keeping materials and supplies in stock, recording location of inventory, and reporting shortages
- Maintains inventory integrity by following works orders and delivering the appropriate material and/or supplies
- Documents materials and records units delivered and location of units
- Maintains material-handling equipment by completing pre-use inspections and notifying one’s
supervisor of any needed repairs.
- Operates forklifts, pallet jacks, and other machinery to move items
- Keeps inventory, loading areas, and machinery clean.
- Learns and adheres to workplace safety regulations
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Previous warehouse experience required.
- Previous experience operating a forklift and other machinery required.
The Ideal Candidate Has:
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels within the organization, from the floor to
executive leadership team members.
- Change agent skills must motivate and inspire others to see the company mission and vision.
- Strong focus on building site capability for expanded growth
- A true “team player” with a continuous improvement mindset
- The ability to work independently and take initiative in a fast paced “start-up” environment
- A knack for organization, time management, and prioritizing tasks
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and people development mindset
- A positive, “get it done” attitude
Full-Time (40 hrs./week), Monday through Friday
Dock 1053, 1053 E. Whitaker Mill Rd., Raleigh, NC 27604
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your email subject line should be formatted as: Material Handler – First Name, Last Name
Cover letters are too formal for our taste. In the body of your email, just tell us about yourself – what you are passionate about, what you studied in school, your current job, why you are interested in this job, or anything else you think we should know.
No phone calls, please.
Murphy’s Naturals is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.