Junior Staff Accountant
Murphy’s Naturals is a fast-growing, innovative outdoor products and lifestyle brand based in Raleigh, NC. We create products from responsibly sourced, plant-based ingredients, consistent with our mission to celebrate nature and inspire good through quality natural products. Our products are sold nationally at retail locations as well as online.
The company is a Certified B Corporation and 1% For The Planet Member. We embrace the philosophy that companies have the power and obligation to help solve the social and environmental problems we face as a global community. We make a commitment to contribute 2% of revenue to goodwill organizations that share our vision of a healthy environment while supporting the health of our local and global communities.
The Junior Staff Accountant supports the Vice President of Finance, Accounting Manager, and Business Support Manager in managing the company’s financial operations and producing the official books and records. The role will initially focus on managing customer accounts to ensure receivables are paid within terms of sale and developing processes to minimize deductions.
- Perform ongoing monitoring, verification, and reconciliation of the company's accounts receivable, create related accounting transactions, and process customer payments
- Generate accounts receivable reports for the Vice President of Finance, lenders, and other external stakeholders
- Communicate with customers via phone and email regarding accounts receivable to ensure timely payment and resolve billing issues
- Collaborate with accounting and customer service team members to establish new processes and procedures to improve receivable performance
- Note: The duties and responsibilities listed above primarily relate to customer accounts, but additional responsibilities to support the finance and accounting department will be assigned as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
- 1-4+ years in an accounting role
The ideal candidate has:
- The ability to work independently and take initiative in a fast paced “start-up” environment
- A knack for organization, time management, and prioritizing tasks
- Strong attention to detail and quantitative skills
- Resourcefulness and aptitude for analytical problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Hours: Full-Time (40 hrs./week), Monday through Friday, occasional weekend support
Work Location: Loading Dock 1053/Murphy’s Naturals, 1053 E. Whitaker Mill Rd., #115, Raleigh, NC 27604
- Please email your resume to email@example.com
- Your email subject line should be formatted as: Junior Staff Accountant – First Name, Last Name
- Cover letters are too formal for our taste. In the body of your email, just tell us about yourself – what you are passionate about, what you studied in school, your current job, why you are interested in this job, or anything else you think we should know.
Murphy’s Naturals is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.