Murphy’s Naturals is a fast-growing, innovative outdoor products and lifestyle brand based in Raleigh, NC. We create products from responsibly sourced, plant-based ingredients, consistent with our mission to celebrate nature and inspire good through quality natural products. Our products are sold nationally at retail locations including Target, Costco, and Whole Foods Market, as well as online. The company is a Certified B Corporation and 1% For The Planet Member. We embrace the philosophy that companies have the power and obligation to help solve the social and environmental problems we face as a global community. We make a commitment to contribute 2% of revenue to goodwill organizations that share our vision of a healthy environment, while supporting the health of our local and global communities.
The IT Manager will be responsible for maintaining essential IT infrastructure, including laptops, desktops, software, hardware, applications, etc. The IT Manager will take responsibility for IT projects and solutions in order to help the company propel forward. The IT Manager will help to enable faster and smarter business processes.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the Leadership Team and business area leaders to develop an IT strategy plan,
business system tools, and technical infrastructure to support the company’s growth
- Perform server administration tasks and ensure that systems architecture components are
working together properly
- Maintain internal infrastructure requirements, including laptop and desktop computers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, phones; support internet and any network segments
- Develop and implement IT security program
- Manage current Warehouse Management System, Fishbowl, including completing system upgrades and troubleshooting day-to-day issues as reported by operations, sales, accounting, or other teams
- Assist internal teams with troubleshooting and provide technical support when needed
- Evaluate and recommend ERP or MRP system in partnership with operations and accounting
leaders for implementation in 2024
- Perform routine and scheduled audits of all systems, including backups
- Prepare reports for the Murphy’s Leadership Team as requested
- Respond to any and all software and hardware issues as they arise
- Other duties as requested or assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience required
- Experience working in an Operations or Manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience working in a continuous improvement environment or start up type business preferred
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems preferred
- Experience with or knowledge of programming languages and operating systems, current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, systems, performance-monitoring tools, active directories, virtualization, HTTP traffic, content delivery, and caching
The ideal candidate has:
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels within the organization, from the floor to
executive leadership team members with various levels of technical expertise
- Change agent skills must motivate and inspire others to see the company mission and vision.
- Strong focus on building site capability for expanded growth
- A true “team player” with a continuous improvement mindset
- The ability to work independently and take initiative in a fast paced “start-up” environment
- A knack for organization, time management, and prioritizing tasks
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and people development mindset
- A positive, “get it done” attitude
Full-Time (40 hrs./week), Monday through Friday
Dock 1053, 1053 E. Whitaker Mill Rd., Raleigh, NC 27604
Please email your resume to email@example.com
Your email subject line should be formatted as: IT Manager – First Name, Last Name
Cover letters are too formal for our taste. In the body of your email, just tell us about yourself – what you are passionate about, what you studied in school, your current job, why you are interested in this job, or anything else you think we should know.
No phone calls, please.
Murphy’s Naturals is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.