Executive Assistant to Founder/CEO
The Executive Assistant is a critical role that will be responsible for creating efficiency and organization for the founder of two rapidly growing companies. The Executive Assistant will be an expert in managing calendars, organizing meetings, drafting and managing email, preparing documents, welcoming visitors, accepting phone calls, taking messages and other administrative duties. The Executive Assistant must exhibit excellent organizational, communication, time management and technological skills.
The Executive Assistant handles clerical tasks and prioritizes correspondence, allowing our Founder/CEO to focus on our vision, decision-making and leadership over our companies. They also serve as the link between the executive and the rest of the staff, contribute to better organization and planning, and assist leaders to be more effective in their roles.
Murphy’s Naturals is a fast-growing, innovative natural products and outdoor lifestyle brand based in Raleigh, NC. We create products from responsibly sourced, plant-based ingredients, consistent with our mission to celebrate nature and inspire good through quality natural products. Our products are sold nationally at retail locations as well as online. Murphy’s Naturals is a Certified B-Corporation and member of 1% For The Planet.
The Loading Dock is a four-campus coworking company. It’s a series of gathering places that are carefully designed for both people and businesses to flourish, with a mission to promote entrepreneurialism and a culture of doing good. The Loading Dock has the goal to become a Certified B-Corporation in 2022.
We embrace the philosophy that companies have the power and obligation to help solve the social and environmental problems we face as a global community. We make a commitment to contribute 2% of revenues to goodwill organizations that share our vision of a healthy environment, while supporting the health of our local and global communities.
- Manage and maintain executive schedules, including making appointments, and making changes to appointments while prioritizing the most important matters.
- Answering and directing calls to appropriate executives and parties, taking messages.
- Using various software, including word processing, project management software, spreadsheets, and presentation software to prepare reports and/or special projects
- Coordinating ongoing projects including the progress and future planning of details.
- Reading and analyzing submissions, letters, agendas, memos and determining significance; routing to appropriate personnel in a timely and efficient manner.
- Prepare reports, collect and analyze information; prepare presentations. Maintaining comprehensive and accurate corporate records, documents and reports.
- Develop and utilize historical information; provide retrieval of information. Record meeting discussions and provide minutes.
- Prepare drafts for executive responses to routine memos, letters, or correspondence.
- Coordinating travel for team members to include flights, car rentals, hotels, dinner reservations, itinerary coordination, etc.
- Prepare and develop a records management system; maintain and recommend changes to records systems when appropriate.
- Interact with customers and staff when appropriate to problem solve. Document complaints and develop an appropriate course
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Business or similar area
- 5+ years of relevant experience working in an administrative roll
- Strong knowledge of administrative, organizational and customer service skills
The ideal candidate has:
- A guru of organization, time management, and prioritizing tasks
- A true “team player” and continuous improvement mindset
- Excellent verbal and written skills along with organizational abilities.
- The ability to work independently with strong problem solving skills and take initiative in a “start-up” environment, ability to learn quickly and make informed decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- An intuitive ability to calmly and quickly problem-solve
- Strong analytical skills with a positive, “get it done” attitude
- Deep attention to detail
- Task driven with a desire to organize and create order.
- Positive personality
Dock 1053, 1053 E. Whitaker Mill Rd., Raleigh, NC 27604
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your email subject line should be formatted as: Online Account Coordinator – First Name, Last Name
Cover letters are too formal for our taste. In the body of your email, just tell us about yourself – what you are passionate about, what you studied in school, your current job, why you are interested in this job, or anything else you think we should know.
No phone calls, please.
Murphy’s Naturals is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status