CUSTOMER ACCOUNT SPECIALIST
Murphy’s Naturals is a fast-growing, innovative natural product and outdoor lifestyle brand based in Raleigh, NC. We create products from responsibly sourced, plant-based ingredients, consistent with our mission to celebrate nature and inspire good through quality natural products. Our products are sold nationally at retail locations as well as online. The company is Veteran Founded, a Certified B Corporation, and a 1% For the Planet Member. We embrace the philosophy that companies have the power to help solve the social and environmental problems we face as a global community. We commit to contributing 2% of our revenues to goodwill organizations that share our vision of a healthy environment while supporting the health of our local and global communities.
As a Customer Account Specialist for Murphy’s Naturals, you will be the supportive link between our sales staff, key customer accounts, as well as our distribution, operations, and finance staff. You will utilize your organizational skills, attention to detail, planning abilities, and subject matter expertise to help strengthen our customer relationships and to help our existing sales team members become more effective within their current roles.
- Salary, Exempt
- Full-Time, 40 hours/week, Monday through Friday with occasional weekend support if needed.
- Work Location: Hybrid. Physical reporting location will be Murphy’s Naturals – 1053 E. Whitaker Mill Rd., Raleigh, NC 27604
- Up to 10% travel
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive and manage all sales and operational integration processes.
- Manage wholesale customer administrative duties, including contract review, proposal creation, and EDI interface.
- Onboarding of new representatives and brokers.
- Communicate effectively between all members of the sales team.
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss new business opportunities and current needs while maintaining positive relationships and rapport.
- Accurately maintain a CRM system or planning tool with customers to track relationships and new season pitching.
- Create and submit sales reports to the Leadership Team as needed and requested.
- Be knowledgeable regarding Murphy’s Naturals products.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for the sales and customer services teams to track service levels, deduction balances, and logistics.
- Drive process improvements in sales and operations to maximize and perfect the customer experience.
- Other job duties as assigned by Management.
The ideal candidate has:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience working in sales support, customer service, or administrative roles.
Experience managing customers and creating strong working relationships.
- The ability to work independently and take the initiative in a “start-up” environment.
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems and Enterprise Resource Planning systems preferred.
- CRM experience required.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills.
- UNFI, Kehe, or Natural grocery experience preferred.
- Electronic Data Interface (EDI) experience.
- A true “team player” with a continuous improvement mindset
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your email subject line should be formatted as: Customer Account Specialist – First Name, Last Name
Cover letters are too formal for our taste. In the body of your email, just tell us about yourself – what you are passionate about, what you studied in school, your current job, why you are interested in this job, or anything else you think we should know.
No phone calls, please.
Murphy’s Naturals is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.